List of Demands by the Occupy Wall Street Movement
1. Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending ‘Freetrade’ by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market .
2. Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals .
3. Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
4. Free college education. [It’s pointed out in the comments below that if they were guaranteed a “living wage regardless of employment” why do the need college? Indeed, these are the demands of perpetual children in adult bodies that are never going to do anything for themselves anyway.]
5. Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end. [Obama’s got that one well under way]
6. One trillion dollars in infrastructure spending on Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid now. [there’s not going to be an electrical grid if fossil fuels can’t be used]
7. One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.
10. Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system. [sounds like they want fair and honest elections with votes accurately counted. You have to get rid of Democrats before you’ll see that]
11. Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the ‘Books.’ World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the ‘Books. And not debt that is in default, but all debt on the entire planet period. [yeah, let’s transfer all wealth to the deadbeats. That should work out]
12. Outlaw all credit reporting agencies. Well, with no credit anymore who needs ‘em]
13. Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union. [let’s just unionize all workers and skip the paperwork]
14. Free Psychiatric care for all members of the occupy Wall Street movement. [I added that one, they must have forgotten it. But there probably aren’t enough shrinks around, so maybe its day care they need]
Obama says these are average Americans who are fed up with the way things are. Aren’t we all.